This was in an article by Peggy Park in the 3/6/2011 Lookout
Leadership Points to Consider:
- Pray over your responsibility and pray before each meeting.
- Guard against being a control freak.
- Trust others to honor their commitments.
- Staff your weaknesses by delegating to those who have the needed skills.
- Respect and listen to your team members' opinions.
- Guard against being a know-it-all.
- Keep in frequent touch with team members.
- Accept imperfection, as this allows others to grow (and encourages others to accept yours!)
- Do not talk down to others in meetings.
- Embrace the challenge to work with diverse opinions.
- Determine to learn from each experience.
- Give genuine compliments.